PREP-RI: Performance Review for Educator Preparation - Rhode Island
RIDE believes that effective educators are crucial for ensuring that all RI students are college- and career-ready upon graduating from high school.
To that end, it is RIDE’s expectation that every educator who completes a RI educator preparation program will:
- Demonstrate PK-12 student achievement;
- Be ready to succeed in Rhode Island schools; and
- Serve as leaders and professionals.
PREP-RI provides a structure for reviewing programs to determine if a provider or prospective provider is offering a high-quality program that meets the RI Standards for Educator Preparation.
PREP-RI is designed to meet three goals:
- Assess performance of individual programs
- Assess aggregate quality of educator preparation providers
- Provide meaningful feedback to programs and providers