Instructional resources are available for educators to aid in the delivery of a sound, high-quality education to every student to improve achievement for all students. Investments are being made (through Race to the Top and other initiatives) in building the capacity of individuals, institutions, and education communities to develop the knowledge, skills, and resources for effecting sustainable improvement.
NEW!! Integrating Practices Online Science and Math Modules
New online modules on integrating the Standards for Mathematical Practices and on the Next Generation Science Standards along with a Leadership Module and additional resources are currently available to all Rhode Island educators through RIDEmap. To access the modules, please log into RIDEmap and select the link to the Integrating Practices Online Modules on the right side of the page. If you do not have access to RIDEmap, please contact your district or enter a helpdesk ticket.
- Development of curricula in LEA partnerships through the Building a Strong Foundation initiative, and disseminate model curricula and units of study to share best practices and to support inter-LEA collaboration, including using tools such as the Instructional Support System;
- Professional development opportunities that build educator effectiveness (e.g., Data Use Professional Development, Formative Assessment Online PD Modules);
- Support for all LEAs and adult education programs through the development of a system of academic, social, and emotional supports for student health and well-being (e.g., WIDA ELD Standards, Response to Intervention (RTI), Title I, Personalization);
- A virtual learning network that includes coursework, training, and college e-learning, including a statewide virtual high school (Technology Literacy);
- Aid to families in determining the textbooks available to their students (Textbook Search); and
- Reference tools for determining placement for students newly enrolling from other countries (Foreign Transcript Review Guide).